Congratulations on purchasing Bella Cera hardwood flooring. All Bella Cera Wood Floors are manufactured under the strictest quality controls. We hope you will enjoy your new floor at home.
The Manufacturer is pleased to offer you the following Residential Warranty Program on all Bella Cera prefinished flooring products installed following recommended installation guidelines and complying with floor maintenance procedures and specific relative humidity conditions within your home. Environmentally acceptable conditions are relative humidity ranging from 35% to 55% and temperatures ranging from 60 to 80 degrees
This residential warranty is extended to the original purchaser of the Bella Cera prefinished hardwood floors. It applies strictly to residential and light commercial environments (business offices only). This warranty is not transferable to subsequent owners.
Bella Cera hardwood floors are manufactured to the highest quality standards. However, it is the duty of the owner and installer to inspect each plank for quality, color, and finish before installation. This warranty does not cover materials with visible defects once they are installed. Please immediately contact your retailer if you are not satisfied with the planks before cutting it. Since wood is a product of nature, standard industry practice allows for up to 5% flooring shipped to have milling, handling, finish and/or grade defects. This warranty applies only to material that is excess of this 5%. The Manufacturer will replace or refund the purchase price of material deemed to be defective in excess of this 5%.
Full Lifetime Structural Warranty
The Manufacturer offers a lifetime warranty to the original purchase that our engineered flooring products will not delaminate, if our flooring is not exposed to excessive moisture.
50-year Finish Warranty
The Manufacturer warrants to the original purchaser that, when maintained according to its care and maintenance recommendations, Bella Cera floor will not wear through for 50 years. If there is a problem with wear through, it must exceed 10% of the surface area for this warranty to cover.
Bella Cera engineered products are approved and warranted (floating installation, glue down, staple down) over radiant heated subfloors provided that the floors are installed in strict accordance with the installation guidelines pertaining to radiant heated subfloors:
The following guidelines must be applied throughout the life of the floor in order to reduce the affects of radiant heat on engineered wood floors. Even when these guidelines are followed it is still possible that your flooring may experience some cracks (checking) on the surface, gapping between boards, or delamination of boards. These symptoms are NOT covered by this warranty.
The temperature and humidity levels described below must be maintained otherwise any warranty, express or implied, will be voided.
• To minimize the effect that rapid changes in temperature will have on the moisture content of the wood floor an outside thermostat should be installed. If one is not present, suggest to your customer that this should be considered. Unlike conventional heating systems, which switch on as needed, radiant systems work most effectively and with less trauma to the wood floor if the heating process is gradual, based on small incremental increases in relation to the outside temperature.
• Prior to installation proper moisture testing must be performed in accordance with National Wood Flooring Association guidelines. Moisture content between substrate and wood flooring should not exceed 2%.
• Flooring should be acclimated to lived in conditions of the unit and in conjunction with the table listed in Appendix B of the National Wood Flooring Association Installation Guidelines.
• Radiant heating system must be in operation and running continuously at least 6 days prior to installation.
• For glue down installations turn system off immediately prior to installation and after the flooring is installed, slowly raise the temperature to the preferred comfort level (over at least 5 day time frame) beginning two days after installation or at the onset of colder weather conditions.
• The radiant heat system must be controlled and the surface temperature of the flooring must never be allowed to exceed 82°F. The proper humidity level must be maintained within your home at all times during the year. Use of a humidification system may be required to maintain proper humidity levels to avoid excessive drying of the wood flooring.
• Seasonal gapping should be expected.
• Surface checking can be expected if the proper humidity level is not properly maintained within 10 percentage points of the recommended relative humidity levels (35% -55% RH) or if the floor’s surface temperature exceeds 82°.
• For further information refer to Appendix H of the National Wood Flooring Association Installation Guidelines.
• Improper storage, handling or installation of flooring. Squeaking and/or cracking by any cause other than the mis-manufacture of the flooring.
• Man-made or natural disasters including, but not limited to, leaking or broken plumbing, fire, flood, earthquake, or standing water during or after construction.
• Any problems to the wood relating to substrate moisture emissions, or adhesive bond issues
• Any damage to the wood flooring related to excessively humid or excessively dry environmental conditions (including but not limited to checking and wind shake exposed due to extreme climate changes)
• Installation of solid wood flooring below grade
• Solid wood flooring not mechanically fastened
• Improper preparation of, or deficiencies in, the substrate/floor joist assembly including, but not limited to, subfloor material, fasteners, patching or leveling compounds. These situations are considered to be part of the installation inspection process prior to installing the flooring. Do not install flooring if these situations exist.
• Insect infestation after shipment from the factory.
• Neglect or abuse including, but not limited to, not taking proper precautions to protect furniture legs and feet with felt protectors, dirty or improper casters, moving heavy objects without a dolly or protective plywood beneath.
• Spiked and/or damaged heels and pet claws.
• Dents or scratches in the flooring caused by furniture, appliances, casters, or unusual foot traffic.
• Falling objects which can dent or fracture the flooring and finish.
• Moisture infiltration from sidewalls
• Construction traffic abuse to the surface of the flooring.
• Non-factory applied finish (by the owner or installer) including, but not limited to, refinishing or recoating.
• Normal color variations and natural characteristics of real wood products discovered AFTER the flooring is installed.(some woods are more photo sensitive than others and may exhibit mild to extreme changes, this is a natural characteristic of some woods and is not considered a manufacturing defect)
• The normal wearing of the finish in high traffic areas, pivot points, and seating areas. Gloss reduction is not considered wear through, and therefore is not covered under the finish warranty.
• Improper Cleaning such as the use of some solvents in the cleaning of glue, debris, etc. or excessive moisture can damage the finish. Such damage is not warranted
• Failure to follow manufacturer’s installation guidelines and/or the use of non-approved adhesives or installation methods
• Damage to finish caused by leaving 3-M Blue Tape on face of product for a period in excess of 24 hours or damage caused by the use of any other tape other than 3-M Blue Tape. Floor protection should never be fixed in place by taping the material to the installed flooring, no claim by that application will be honored.
Additional Terms of the Warranty
The foregoing sets forth the Manufacturer’s sole obligations and liability under the Warranty. The Warranty is an exclusive remedy and is in lieu of all other express and/or statutory warranties. The Manufacturer disclaims all warranties not expressly set for the above.
To File a Claim
If you need to file a claim under this Warranty Program, you must first contact your retailer or builder within 3 months of experiencing a problem.
A written notice of claim must be filed within the warranty coverage period. Information verifying date of purchase, identity of the original purchaser, and invoices as proof of purchase will be requested. The floor must have been purchased from an authorized dealer and entirely paid for. The purchase of Bella Cera hardwood flooring from an unauthorized dealer or via Internet will automatically void any manufacturer’s warranty.